Government

Port of San Diego General Services Facility

1400 Tidelands Avenue, National City, California
Owner
Port of San Diego
Contractor
C.E. Wylie Construction Company
Architect
Carter Burgess
Due to program expansion needs, it was necessary for the Port of San Diego's General Services Department to relocate after being headquartered on East Harbor Drive for 40 years. The new facility consists of a two-story, 14,900-square-foot steel-framed office building with a single-story, 30,400-square-foot tilt-up concrete general maintenance building and support facility. On-site storage and maintenance areas, and fueling and vehicle wash station were also included in the project scope.

The Port of San Diego maintain the Port's parks and airport, marine terminals and the San Diego Harbor Police headquarters.

Awards:

  • American Public Works Association, Project of the Year, 2003
  • San Diego Chapter, American Concrete Institute, Tilt-Up Concrete Award, 2002